Water dispensers are excellent. You have access to tasty, clean, and crisp water at any time. The functionality of modern water dispensers is extremely astounding. However, you must keep them clean to keep them operating well. You should clean and disinfect your water dispenser every three to six months. By doing so, germs (microbes) will be killed, the water will not be contaminated, and produce the fresh, clean, and hygienic water you require.
Why you should clean your water dispenser? Over time, minerals from your water source accumulate, leaving a white or brown film on surfaces inside your dispenser. This accumulation may get into your water and alter the flavor if you don’t clean your dispenser. But before, when carrying out any maintenance on your water dispenser always read and abides by the instructions provided by the manufacturer. Consult the handbook to avoid damaging the dispenser because the parts and internal workings differ depending on the brand and model.
What to Do Before Starting the Cleaning Process?
- Make sure the machine is unplugged before you begin! It’s important to turn off the power supply before working near the machine’s inner components.
- Next, prepare your tools which include a sponge brush, washcloth, disinfecting wipes, gloves, and cleaning solution (vinegar or bleach). It is perfectly acceptable to use bleach or any other cleaning, although it is much better to use vinegar or unscented bleach. Cleaning with vinegar helps you quickly get rid of all the bacteria, germs, and the like while also keeping your drinking water clean and safe to drink.
- Prepare the vinegar solution! You only need a bucket and undiluted vinegar to make the concoction. For every three parts of water, add one part of white vinegar. Therefore, use 1/3 of a gallon (5 1/3 cups) of white vinegar for every gallon of water.
- Create the bleach mixture. If you decide to use a gallon of water, add 1 tablespoon of bleach to it. Use unscented bleach if you can, since it will be simpler to get the smell out in the end.
A Water Dispenser’s Cleaning Procedure
- Remove the bottle and allow the operating mechanisms to drain for about five minutes.
- Apply the cleaning solution to the sponge and clean the inner surface of the water cooler. Once it has stood for two to five minutes, drain it through the tap and into a separate container. You can drain this container down the sink or the toilet.
- Rinse the inner reservoir with water four times and drain it into a bucket to remove the remaining cleaning solution.
- After cleaning the dispenser, rinse the tray and screen with clean tap water before putting them back in the dispenser. If there are any tight spaces, make sure they are completely dry so that moisture does not remain in them.
- Wipe the new bottle with a towel. Whenever you manipulate the bottle again, remember to wash your hands first. After that, place the new bottle in its place after removing the cap.
- Reconnect the dispenser to the electrical outlet. Fill a glass with water and, if your dispenser has two faucets, use both of them. Make sure there is no bad taste remaining in the water by tasting it.
Note: To keep your water dispenser hygienic and secure for you and your family, you only need to take a few quick actions to clean it (mentioned above). The cost of a water dispenser in Pakistan may vary, but ITTEFAQ should be your top pick if you want the best water dispenser!